Practice Area
Practice Area
  • Recovering foreclosure And tax sale overages for [former] home owners
  • Recovering unclaimed funds
  • Petitioning for bankruptcy case over payments and unclaimed funds
  • After a foreclosure sale oftentimes the bank sells the home for more money than what’s owed to the bank. That creates an excess or surplus that is owed to the former homeowner and possibly other junior lien holders. We at Surplus Fund Attorneys will take action to recover all monies that should go to the former homeowner. We work on a contingency fee basis. You pay nothing unless we recover the monies owed to you.

    We also recover other unclaimed funds for our clients. Unbeknownst to our clients, they may have unclaimed funds due to lost accounts or proceeds including tax overpayments, foreclosure sale overpayments, tax foreclosure sale overpayments, court payments, certificates of deposit, insurance payments, stocks, bonds, checking accounts, etc.

    At the close of a consumer Chapter 7 or a chapter 13 bankruptcy, the bankruptcy court trustee will often have assets or proceeds that are due back to the debtor. This could be because the case was dismissed. In any case, the debtor’s money may be sitting in the bankruptcy court’s bank account. It requires a formal petition to get that money back to the debtor. We handle these claims without any upfront fee required from our client. We work on a contingency fee basis as with our other casework.

Get Your FREE Consultation!

Contact Us